LEBANON VALLEY YOUTH SOCCER LEAGUE, INC.
(Updated August 2023)
ARTICLE I – NAME OF ORGANIZATION
This organization shall be known as the Lebanon Valley Youth Soccer League, Inc. or LVYSL.
ARTICLE II - PURPOSE
Section 1 – This organization shall be responsible for promoting, fostering, and advancing the cause of youth soccer in and around the territory of Lebanon Valley under the jurisdiction of the Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer Association, the United States Soccer Federation (USSF), and the Federation International De Football Association (FIFA), and to guard the interests of the teams in the youth divisions.
ARTICLE III- AFFILIATION
The Lebanon Valley Youth Soccer League is an affiliate of, and shall comply with the authority of Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer (EPYSA), US Youth Soccer Association (USYSA) and US Soccer Federation (USSF).
ARTICLE IV – ADMINISTRATION/GOVERNMENT
Section 1 -The governing body of this organization shall be the Board of Directors and it is their right to transact business in the name of the LVYSL.
Section 2- The members of the governing body are the President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Registrar/Statistician, Referee Coordinator, Risk Management Coordinator, and they have the powers and authority as determined by the Bylaws. The term of office for each position shall be two (2) years.
Section 3 – The Board of Directors will designate the place of meeting for any annual or regular meeting or for any special meeting.
Section 4 – Notice of any annual or regular meeting stating the place, day and hour of the meeting shall be made public a minimum of one week before the date of the meeting at the direction of the President, the Secretary, or the officer or persons calling the meeting, to each board member and member club entitled to vote at such meeting.
Section 5 – A majority of the board of directors, that are in attendance, represented in person, shall constitute a quorum at a meeting of the board of directors. If less than a majority are represented at the meeting, a majority of those present may adjourn the meeting from time to time without further notice. At such adjourned meeting in which a quorum shall be present or represented, any business may be transacted which might have been transacted at the meeting as originally notified.
ARTICLE V – ORDER OF BUSINESS AT THE MONTHLY MEETINGS
The order of business at the monthly meetings will be Roll call, Secretary’s Report, Minutes/Acceptance of Reports of Officers and Committees; Unfinished Business; Constitution, Bylaws and Rule Change Proposals; New Business and Elections. Roberts Rules of Order, Newly Revised, shall govern this organization in all cases in which they are applicable and which they are not in conflict with these by-laws.
ARTICLE VI – DISSOLUTION
Section 1 – The LVYSL shall be dissolved in the event it shall cease to carry out the purpose herein set forth or upon the unanimous vote of the Executive Board and the Members Club’s representatives present and voting, each at their own separate meeting.
Section 2 – Upon dissolution of this organization, assets shall be distributed evenly to each club remaining in good standing in LVYSL at the time of dissolution.
ARTICLE VII – AMENDMENTS TO THE CONSTITUTION
Section 1 – Proposing Amendments: Amendments may be proposed by any qualified member at any time, and shall be submitted in writing to the President who shall present such proposals to the Executive Board.
Section 2 – Adoption of Amendments: A 2/3 vote of the Executive Board present and voting shall be required in order to indicate Board approval of a proposed amendment. Upon approval by the Executive Board, proposed amendments shall be presented at the subsequent League meeting for a first reading. Proposed amendments shall be read for a second time and voted upon at the next League meeting subsequent to the first meeting. A 2/3 vote of the member clubs shall be required to adopt any amendments.
ARTICLE VIII- INTERPRETATION
Section 1 -In the event of a conflict between the constitution and the by-laws, the provisions of the constitution shall control.
Section 2 - EPYSA/USSF rules supersede state rules where EPYSA/USSF sponsored competitions are concerned.
LEBANON VALLEY YOUTH SOCCER LEAGUE
ARTICLE I – MEMBERSHIP AND VOTING
1. Membership will consist of such clubs that have met the requirements of written application to the Secretary and have been approved by a majority vote of the voting members in attendance at a league meeting. Membership will not be restricted by race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ethnic group.
2. Disciplinary powers against clubs and individuals shall be in accordance with the provisions in the By-Laws.
3. Each and every club that is accepted into membership agrees to support, accept and adhere to the Constitution and By-Laws of this organization. A club in good standing is one that maintains required meeting attendance, all monies are paid up to date, to include fines, fees, and any additional costs as determined by the Executive Board, and any additional criteria as established by the Executive Board.
4. Each club in good standing shall be permitted one (1) vote on all issues requiring approval of member clubs. The recognized voting official shall be either the club representative or his designee. The members of the League Board will not have a vote on any issues requiring approval of “member clubs”, with the exception noted in Voting, Section 3 (the presiding officer shall not be permitted to vote except to break a tie vote).
1. Any member club may be removed from membership for cause subject to approval by a minimum of 2/3 vote of the Executive Board. Cause shall mean any member club’s failure to adhere to any policies of the LVYSL or failure to enforce such policies within its club.
2. Any club that does not register a team for (36) consecutive months will be removed automatically from LVYSL membership.
1. Each member club, in good standing, shall be permitted one (1) vote.
2. A voting member will be allowed only one vote. A voting member must be in attendance and voting at the time an issue is under consideration. Proxy votes are not permitted.
3. The President or presiding officer shall not be permitted to vote except to break a tie vote.
ARTICLE II – OFFICERS AND EXECUTIVE BOARD
1. The officers of the Lebanon Valley Youth Soccer League, who shall also compose the Executive Board, shall consist of the following: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Registrar, Referee Coordinator, and Risk Management Coordinator.
2. The term of office shall be two (2) years or until their successor assumes office. The President, Registrar, Scheduler and Risk Management positions shall be elected during odd-numbered years; the Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and Referee Coordinator shall be elected during even-numbered years.
3. Nominations for officers shall be made during the October meeting or at the beginning of the November meeting before elections are held. Unless preapproved by the President, nominees must be present at the time of nomination and accept the nomination in order for them to be considered for a vote. Elections shall be at the November meeting and be conducted in a manner to be determined by the President In the event of a tie for an office, a re-vote will be taken. Vacancies that occur during the year will be filled by the President's selection.
1. Executive Board
Executive Board will meet at the request of the President for emergencies on matters demanding immediate attention. The board shall have the power to settle all disputes or protests, and enforce the laws of the game, the rules of the USSF, EPYSA, and the LVYSL.
a. Preside at all league meetings and executive meetings.
b. Appoint chairmen of all standing and special committees.
c. Perform all the duties normally associated with the office of President.
d. Notify the league of all occurrences requiring game suspensions of individual players, e.g. presenting a red card.
3. Vice President
a. Assist the President in the performance of his duties.
b. Exercise all the powers of the President during his absence or incapacity.
c. Maintain the official copy of the league Constitution and By-Laws.
d. Receive all game reports submitted by officials.
a. Establish, keep, and maintain a record (minutes) of all meetings of the league.
b. Review the prior minutes at all league meetings.
c. Conduct all league elections.
d. Attend to all written correspondence.
e. Minutes will be distributed via mail or email by the final day of the month in which the meeting was held.
a. Account for all expenditures and deposit all income of the league.
b. Establish and maintain a detailed financial record.
c. Pay all bills and obligations.
d. Prepare an annual budget and present to the league for approval.
e. Submit a financial report at least once a year to the league membership.
a. Develop and maintain a record of all member clubs and directors with addresses and telephone numbers and provide this information to all member clubs.
b. Organize the registration of member teams as specified by EPYSA, USYSA and USSF and provide the necessary forms for such registration.
a. Develop and maintain league/division game schedules, standings, scores and provide such information to the appropriate media and general league membership.
b. Schedule the playoff games with the assistance of the President and the respective club representative(s) of the field(s) being used.
c. Maintain the league website.
8. Referee Coordinator
a. Assign certified referees to scheduled league games.
b. Coordinate the organization of Referee courses as needed.
c. Responsible for addressing any issues that arise from referee actions and inactions.
9. Risk Management Coordinator
a. Develop and maintain policy and procedures on Risk Management set forth by LVYSL and EPYSA.
b. Assure completion and maintain on file each club member’s Code of Conduct.
c. Assure completion and provide guidance of all required training to all clubs for Risk Management, concussion training, Safesport, background checks, and additional trainings as required by EPYSA.
d. Represent LVYSL as the delegate, in the absence of the President, to the Annual General Meeting (AGM), with expenses covered by LVYSL.
ARTICLE III - MEETINGS
A. The President will send out announcements with the date, time and place of meetings. LVYSL will meet at least 8 times per year for a spring and fall soccer season. No club may miss more than two meetings per calendar year and must attend the March and August meetings.
B. Any club that fails to provide representation for a minimum of (5) league meetings within 1 year shall be declared in poor standing and will be ineligible to vote for (1) year and a fine may be assessed by the board.
C. Barring cause for appeal, failure to pay fines by August 1 of the following year shall cause the delinquent club to be declared in poor standing. Clubs in poor standing shall be ineligible to participate in further competition until the proper financial obligation has been fulfilled.
D. At the discretion of the LVYSL Executive Board, a mandatory coaches meeting may be scheduled prior to the start of that season. Each team entered in that season is required to have a representative present or be subject to a fine as stated in the bylaws.
ARTICLE IV - COMMITTEES
A. The President shall appoint a chairperson for the special committees as needed.
ARTICLE V – RECORDS AND REPORTS
A. The league’s financial year shall run from January 1 to December 31.
B. The financial affairs of LVYSL shall be administered by the Treasurer
C. An annual review of the league’s financials shall be conducted and presented to the Executive Board and the General Membership.
D. Any checks written for $1000 or more must have two LVYSL officer’s signatures, the Treasurer and President, unless written approval is provided by the League President in email.
ARTICLE VI – REGISTRATION (PLAYER AND TEAM)
A. Player Registration
1. A seasonal year shall run from August 1 to July 31 of the following year.
2. Upon request, each player may be asked to provide proof of age (EPYSA requirement). If such proof of age is not provided by member club to the Executive Board by specified date, the player(s) will be considered ineligible to participate until request is complied with and age confirmed by Registrar. Should the player(s) be determined to be ineligible, all associated forfeit fines and fees as listed in Article X will be applicable.
3. Each club and team must register their coaches and players with. LVYSL through the current registration system. LVYSL will provide EPYSA with any details as required.
4. A club may not register additional players 14 days after the first scheduled game, except in the event a club or team disbands. Players from that team may then register with an affiliated club, provided they do not displace a previous registered player, with the guidance and approval of the LVYSL Registrar.
5. Rosters will be locked no sooner than 14 days after the 1st scheduled game. Any changes will require approval from the Executive Board. Fall and spring rosters will be determined separately.
6. A player may only play for one club in the LVYSL during any individual season.
7. A player may register for an additional team(s) team during the seasonal year, as a secondary player in a different age group, if within the same gender. Should the secondary team be the opposite gender, the player is permitted to be rostered in the same or different age group as the primary team. All secondary players must be approved by the league registrar in advance and must be properly designated as such on the league approved roster.
8. There is no limit to registered coaches.
9. No player may play more than one age division higher than their age-appropriate division
10. All clubs must have a Code of Conduct policy that must be reviewed and acknowledged by each player, parent/guardian, and coach each seasonal year.
11. Travel players are defined as a player having an identifiable player pass issued at any time during the current seasonal year, from August 1 through July 31.
12. All players playing in an LVYSL-sanctioned game must be legally and properly registered. Any team or club playing a non-rostered or unregistered player in a LVYSL-sanctioned game will be subject to sanctions, fines, and fees according to the LVYSL policies in place.
B. Team Registration
1. Clubs must register their teams no later than the February meeting for Spring season play and August meeting for Fall season play. Any deviation will be at the discretion of the Executive Board due to time allotment between said meeting and start of play for that season.
2. Each division must have a minimum of 4 teams for competitive play unless otherwise agreed upon between teams registered and the Executive Board.
3. Where multiple teams of the same gender and age are registered in the same division, the following criteria shall be applied:
a. 1 Team – Must enter in White division
b. 2 Teams (or more) - Must enter 1 in White division
4. Should any club only field one team for any specific age group during a fall or spring season, they may request an exception to B.3. This exception request must be presented at the March or August meeting and must gain approval by a majority vote of club representatives at the meeting. This exception, if approved, will only be valid for the spring or the fall season in which it was voted on. The approval, if granted, will not apply to any subsequent seasons. At the time of the exception request, the club making the request must be able to provide the reason for the request, to include, but not limited to, age group, number of players rostered, and special circumstances for the request. Should an approval be granted for lowering a team to the Red Division, that team will not be eligible for a division championship.
5. If a Red division has less than the required teams they will be moved up to the White division.
6. Teams playing 11v11 may register a maximum of 4 travel players on their roster; any size team less than 11v11 may register a maximum of 2 travel players.
7. No Travel players may be rostered on a Red division team.
ARTICLE VII – PLAYERS AND ELIGIBILITY
A. Youth Amateur Players in the LVYSL is one who has not yet reached the age of nineteen (19) as defined by EPYSA and US Youth Soccer.
B. Age limits and Roster limitations – Unless registration numbers warrant modifications, age divisions shall be comprised of players as defined in Article VII, Section A:
1. Under 15 years of age
2. Under 13 years of age
3. Under 11 years of age
4. Under 9 years of age
5. Any age group approved by the Executive Board for the good of the game. Should an age group be added for any season, the format and number of players will be determined by the Executive Board for each season that this may occur.
C. Maximum rosters. The maximum number of players rostered for each team shall be double the number allowed on the field (Example: 11v11, allow 22; 8v8, allow 16, etc).
ARTICLE VIII - RULES OF PLAY
A. Except as provided herein, FIFA “Laws of the Game” shall apply to each and every game within the jurisdiction of the LVYSL.
B. Length of Games and Ball Specification
U15 2-35 minutes halves #5
U13 2-30 minutes halves #5
U11 2-25 minutes halves #4
U9 2-25 minutes halves #3
C. Overtime Periods
1. Regular season - No overtime periods will be played during Regular season games.
2. Playoffs – Two (2) 10-minute golden goal periods will be played with teams alternating directions. If the outcome has still not been decided, teams will then complete five (5) alternating penalty kicks as per FIFA “Kicks from the Penalty Mark”. If the score remains tie, both teams will take one (1) alternating penalty kick until a winner is determined.
D. Substitutions - Substitutions shall be unlimited and be made with the consent of the referee at the following times:
1. Prior to a throw-in possession (or non-possession if the other team is substituting)
2. Prior to a goal kick - either team
3. After a goal by either team
4. For an injured player, by either team 1 for 1, when Referee stops play
5. At half-time
E. Game Day Roster - Each team in age U13 and higher must present the Referee with (3) copies of the Game Day Roster before the start of the match and must be signed by the Coach. Game Day Rosters must contain all registered and approved players of the team with jersey number, player pass number and is to be printed from the LVYSL approved registration system. Every effort must be made to have all approved, registered coaches on the approved roster that is printed from the LVYSL database. Should extenuating circumstances apply, it is permissible for a coach who has completed all of the required certifications and trainings and are current, to coach the team without being on the approved Game Day Roster. In this instance, the non-rostered coach must handwrite their name and registration number on the roster. If a Game Day Roster is not completed properly or provided, a forfeit and/or fine may result as follows:
1. No shirt number or player pass number listed.
2. A player playing in a game when his/her name is not on the line-up card.
3. Ineligible player listed on the line-up card, whether or not the player plays.
4. At the discretion of the coaches, the game may be played if the opposing coach fails to provide a copy of the Game Day Roster with a review to be conducted by the LVYSL Registrar following completion of the game. Once the review is completed by the LVYSL Registrar, a report will be made to the LVYSL Executive Board to determine if any sanctions should be imposed.
F. Game Schedules
1. The schedule of games shall be developed and coordinated by the Game Scheduler and Executive Board. The schedule and number of divisions necessary shall be dependent upon the number of teams registered in each age division.
2. All teams will play a minimum of 6 games in the Spring season with a start date to be determined by the Executive Board, and a minimum of 8 games in the Fall season, commencing on a start date to be determined by the Executive Board
3. The Scheduler and President will schedule any playoff games with the assistance of the club representative hosting the games for field availability.
4. The home team is to report the score of all regular season games no later than 48 hours following the completion of the game. The score is to be reported using the LVYSL scheduling method as determined by the LVYSL Scheduler.
G. Playoffs – To be held on the weekend following the end of each fall regular season.
1. The top 4 teams from each white division ages U13 and U15 will compete in a 1v4, 2v3 format on Saturday (Semifinal round) with the winners playing on Sunday for the Championship round.
2. LVYSL will utilize a 3-referee system for all playoff games and will pay all fees for the playoffs.
3. The higher-seeded team is the home team and responsible for changing jerseys in a conflict.
4. Tie-breakers for playoff seeding for teams tied in points is as follows:
a. Head-to-head competition (not used if more than 2 teams)
b. Total Wins
c. Goal differential; no more than +/- 3 per game
d. Fewest goals allowed
e. Shutouts (not including forfeits)
f. Coin toss
g. If more than two teams are tied, the sequence will be followed until a team is eliminated or advanced. The remaining teams will restart the sequence at point B above until tie is broken.
5. The winners will receive the Ron Garloff Championship Trophy annually and will be theirs to keep.
6. Since Red divisions do not compete in season-ending playoffs, the 1st place team is crowned the League Champion.
ARTICLE IX - ADMINISTRATIVE RULES
A. League Fees
1. In order to help the league facilitate and manage the divisions for the fall and spring seasons, the league requires a club to place a $200 deposit at each of the August and March meetings to confirm club participation. Failure of the club to pay the deposit at the August and March meetings may result in the club being ineligible to participate.
2. Any club which has failed to submit all fees due for the season prior to the first game will result in a 10% penalty of the remaining balance plus forfeiture of the $200 deposit.
B. Postponement of games
1. In the case of inclement weather, the home team must notify the LVYSL referee coordinator (2) hours before the game is scheduled to start. In the event of a game cancellation by the home team, the home team must notify the visiting team of such cancellation. In the event both teams arrive, the Referee will determine if the game will be played. Should the referee arrive at the scheduled venue and determine that the field is unplayable, he/she will receive one half of the prescribed game fees, to be paid in equal share by each team. The referee will subsequently file a game report with LVYSL as per normal practice.
2. In the case of severe weather, the Executive Board shall have the authority to cancel the day’s schedule of games. It is the responsibility of the Executive Board to notify each club representative. Various media methods may be employed.
3. All games will be played at the designated location and scheduled time.
4. Any game change requests after the schedule is posted must be submitted to Scheduler at least 1 week prior to the scheduled game. . In the event that a change request is made less than (1) prior to the scheduled game, it will be reviewed by the Scheduler and presented to the Executive Board as needed. If the postponed game is not rescheduled within 7 days after postponement, the Executive Board may schedule the game at their discretion, and the teams must play or a forfeit may be enforced. League reschedule fees apply as stated in the bylaws.
5. See the LVYSL addendum on guidelines regarding lightning safety.
1. A protest may be filed for the following reasons:
a. Improper application of the Laws of the Game or modifications as approved by US Soccer, EPYSA, and/or LVYSL
b. Player eligibility
c. Violations of LVYSL or EPYSA rules
2. The referee and opposing coach must be notified verbally or in writing prior to, during, or prior to departure from the field of play that a protest is being made. Such protests will be annotated on the lineup sheet and initialed by the referee and the protesting coach. Exception: a player’s eligibility protest or disqualification may be made at any time prior to the end of the current season.
3. A formal written protest must be made in writing via email within seventy-two (72) hours after the game. The notification of protest shall be sent to the LVYSL President and one copy to the opposing club President. The contents of the letter will contain the following information:
a. A protest fee as set by the fee schedule
b. Name, address (or email) and telephone number of the protesting team coach and the club representative
c. Location, time and date of the game
d. All facts and basis regarding the protest
4. No protest fee shall be returned if the protest is denied, or if the protest is improperly filed. Any protests upheld will result in the return of the protest fees. Any executive board member involved as a coach or acting as a witness or club rep in a protest must recuse themselves
1. Any player accruing three (3) yellow cards during a season will be required to miss the next scheduled league game, to include playoffs if applicable.
2. Any player receiving a red card (exception for Section D, 3) will be required to miss their next scheduled league game. If a player receives a second, or subsequent red card, that player will be suspended for their next two (2) scheduled league games, to include playoffs if applicable.
3. Any player receiving a red card for violent conduct in a game will be disqualified from participation for the remainder of the season.
4. Any manager/coach who is dismissed by the referee will be required to miss the next scheduled league game, to include playoffs if applicable. If a manager/coach is dismissed from a second game in the same season, that manager/coach will be prohibited from coaching any team for the remainder of the season. All dismissals of a manager/coach will be reviewed by the Executive Board and additional sanctions can be added based on the circumstances leading up to the dismissal. Additional sanctions can include, but are not limited to, probation, multiple game suspensions, and/or lifetime banishment. Furthermore, a review will include whether the coach’s club should be sanctioned as well, to include probation and/or fine to be determined by the Executive Board. Any report of a coach or parent approaching a youth referee, a certified or non-certified minor, will be subject to review by the Executive Board and suspension and/or fine to be decided by the Executive Board.
E. Crowd and Fan Control
1. Both participating teams are held responsible for crowd and fan control before, during and after a match with primary responsibility to their own fans.
2. No individuals may take a position to watch the match from behind either of the goals or the player's benches and should generally seat themselves on the opposite side of the field from the player's benches
3. By request of the Referee, a coach or club official will provide safe and expedient escort to the Referee, until his exit from club grounds, and record and submit to this league any incidents resulting from this escort.
1. A game is forfeited when either team fails to field the required minimum number of players within fifteen (15) minutes after the scheduled start of a game.
2. If a team fails to appear, the other team will pay the referee fee (1/2 regular fee). Referee fees will be reimbursed by LVYSL in the event of a forfeit.
3. If neither team appears, the Executive Board will decide on the imposition of sanctions and the league will pay the referee fee (1/2 regular fee).
4. In the event of a forfeit, the team causing the forfeit will be assessed the prescribed forfeit fee. The fine must be paid within ten (10) days of receipt of the notification of the fine from the league. Failure to pay the assessed fine within the prescribed time will result in forfeit of all games going forward until fine is paid.
5. In the event a team disbands after the season starts, a fine will be assessed as set forth in the fee schedule. Non-payment of the fine will cause the affiliated club to be in poor-standing with the LVYSL.
1. The LVYSL Referee Coordinator will only assign referees who have been certified by the Eastern Pennsylvania Soccer Association Referee Committee. If there is not a certified referee available to be assigned, the Referee Coordinator will notify the home team at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled start time. The home club may then provide a club referee for the purpose of playing the game. Should a referee become available and is assigned to the game, the Referee Coordinator will notify the home team immediately and the assigned referee will referee the game.
2. Games will be covered by a certified referee who will have full control of the game. In the event the league-assigned referee does not appear, both coaches may mutually agree to a non-certified referee to cover the game. No protests will be honored by the league pertaining to games officiated by the non-certified, or club, referee relative to application of the Laws of the Game. Only protests that are filed as prescribed in Section C. Protests and meet the criteria will be reviewed.
3. Both teams will pay one half (1/2) the prescribed Referee’s fee prior to the start of play for U13, 15 games and other age groups as decided by the LVYSL Executive Board.
4. Only at the request of the referee, each team shall provide an Assistant Referee for all regular season games. The Assistant Referee may not be a player of either participating team and is recommended to be at least 14 years of age.
5. In the event a game is postponed due to weather conditions after play has started, the referee will be paid the prescribed fee in full, for that game only.
H. Player Equipment and Field of Play
1. Player equipment shall conform to US Soccer rules. In the event of duplicate jersey colors, the home team shall provide the alternate color.
2. Teams may not have more than three (3) registered coaches on the sidelines during a scheduled league match.
3. The field of play shall conform to EPYSA recommended guidelines for each age group/size.
I. Grievance and Arbitration Procedure
The Lebanon Valley Youth Soccer League will follow the grievance and arbitration guidelines and procedures established by EPYSA. LVYSL will accept from the Referee, club official or any interested party a complaint concerning crowd control or club conduct and immediately refer the matter to the Executive Board. The Board shall discuss the complaint and decide on any one or more of the following actions:
1. Dismissal of the complaint
2. Place Club on probation for a minimum of the remainder of that season to a maximum of three years.
3. Fine the responsible club not less than $100.00, with a maximum fine of $500.00.
· Suspend appropriate parties from any or all Club / League activities for up to three years
ARTICLE X - CURRENT FEES AND FINES
A. EPYSA fees
a. Player fee (all registered Fall and newly registered in Spring) – as established by EPYSA
b. Team Administration fee (annual) - $7
c. Team Insurance fee (annual) - as established by EPYSA
B. LVYSL Registration fees (all per player or team registered)
a. Player fees - $3 per player
b. Team Application fees – $18 (U12 and older); $7.50 (U8/U10)
c. Referee Coordinator fee - $15 per team
C. League Fees
a. Protest fee – $100
b. Administrative game reschedule fee - $15
c. Game referee fees – as established by EPYSA
d. Preseason deposit fee - $200
D. League Fines
a. Illegal/Ineligible Player - $200 (plus League review)
b. Game Forfeit – U12 and older - $100; U8/U10 - $50
c. Add/Drop/Disbanded team - $100 after team application deadline; $200 after schedule completed
d. Unexcused meeting absence - $25
e. Mandatory Coaches meeting - $25
f. Improper lineup sheets - $10
g. Poor field markings/no corner flags - $10
h. No Report of game score- $10
i. Late Preseason fee - $200
j. Late balance of league payment (after 30 days) – 10% of amount due (plus forfeiture of $200 deposit
k. Issuance of a Yellow Card to coach, for their own or crowd behavior - $50 per occurrence
l. Failure to have team, players, and coaches registered and approved prior to first game of the spring or fall season - $200 per team
ARTICLE XI- INTERPRETATION
A. In the event of a conflict between the constitution and the by-laws, the provisions of the constitution shall control.
B. EPYSA/USSF rules supersede LVYSL rules where EPYSA/USSF sponsored competitions are concerned.